Monday, November 15, 2010

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?

The first weekend of November, hubby, Sweetpea and I - along with my mom and in-laws - took a nice little family trip to Savannah, GA.
I had never been before and was looking forward to the wonderful architecture and learning the history of the town. Sweetpea, of course, was looking forward to seeing Juliette Gordon Low's house - the founder of the Girl Scouts. Of course, the weather change was just a bonus for me :)

What I wasn't expecting was to make an amazing find. While wandering around all the little shops Saturday morning, my mom and I made our way into a little antique shop. There, I happened to find a ring. A ring that is made from an antique button. There were a few of them there - as well as some bracelets and necklaces incorporating antique buttons.
In talking with the owner of the store, I learned that the company, Grandmother's Buttons, creates various jewelry pieces using antique (circa 1880s-1910s) and vintage (circa 1920s-1950s) buttons.
They are all one-of-a-kind and they each come with a Certificate of Authenticity.

When I got home I found their website and have been looking at the different pieces they create. They are all just beautiful!
If you're looking for that unique gift for somebody, I think you should definitely check them out!

No comments: