Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to all...

It's hard to believe, but Christmas has swept through rather quickly.

Honestly, I wasn't really excited for the holiday season this year. It was Dad's favorite time of the year. He loved having family and friends getting together. And he loved getting in to the holiday spirit - he was like a little kid come Christmas Day. He'd put on his Santa hat and deliver all the gifts under the tree - one year he crawled so far under we had to help him get out!

This year was going to be horribly different. I was trying to get in to the spirit for Sweetpea's sake but I could never totally get in to it. At least not until Thursday afternoon when I got surprised by 2 of my cousins showing up at work! Even better was when I finally got out of work and headed to mom's only to find my mom's entire family had come down for Christmas - it wasn't just my cousins!

Suddenly, what could have been one of the worst Christmases in my book became one of the best!
It was going to be just the way Dad would have wanted it!

So here I sit, after a crazy hectic day, surrounded by family and relishing in the good feelings of Christmas again.

I want to think Dad somehow had a hand in bringing us all together this year - for the first time in 17 years!

Merry Christmas, Dad! I love you!


-- Posted on the run from my iPhone

No comments: