Saturday, April 9, 2011

Whirlwind!

So I'm looking at my blog today after adding a new widget and I realize the last time I posted was to ring in the new year!
In that post I wanted the new year to be better than 2010... and, by my lack of posting, it has certainly been a whirlwind of a year so far.

January I spent out of work. Shortly after the holidays, I was suddenly no longer working at the Clinic I had worked at for almost 6 years. A new company had come aboard and took over and it was suddenly not the same place to work as it had been for all those years. It felt like I was never home with my family and I didn't have a free weekend anymore. I just wasn't happy there anymore and it carried over in to my personal life as well. So I closed the door on that aspect of my life and hoped another door would be open soon.
It took a month, but I was able to find another job that fit much better with what I wanted for my family. A Monday-Friday, 9-5 job that meant I was home every evening, every weekend, and every holiday. It did mean having to give up some of the other things that I had enjoyed over the years - volunteering at Sweetpea's school, getting together with friends during the days I wasn't scheduled to work , and just plain old having some time to myself on my days off - but overall those were little compared to the bigger payoff of having a more regular work schedule where I knew when I was working and I could be home in the evenings to give Sweetpea, and the family, a proper evening routine. I also had to get used to a 30 min drive to work compared to a 5 minute drive, but, again, in the long run the pay off is worth it.
I've been there a month and a half now and it's been wonderful! I'm still trying to get over the fact that there really are things called weekends :) And I can go to work every day and know that I am appreciated for what I am doing - and am told so on a regular basis. That definitely makes for a more enjoyable work environment!

February went fast for us. January-March is Girl Scout Cookie season and, being the troop Cookie Mom, I have a big hand in the pot on that one! February and March just flew by before I knew it. Cookies come in the end of February and then March is cookie booth month. It seemed every weekend in March was accounted for with Girl Scouts in one form or another.

March was also a tough month for my family - marking the year anniversary of that black day in my life when my Dad suddenly passed away. But we got through it as a family. And from here I'm hoping it just starts to get easier. Of course, there will always be those moments, but I think it's getting a little easier for me to handle every day. We have been trying to get together more often as a family and I think that helps Mom out more too. You really don't know how lucky you are to have such a close-knit family until something like this happens and you need to lean on each other a little more. We are certainly blessed.

And now it's April already - with no sign of a slow down in activities. April 17th marks hubby and my 12th Anniversary. We also have family and friends coming down to visit the end of the month. And then, of course, we have Easter... it just seems like it's never ending!

But even with all this going on, I am going to try to bring this blog back to live again. I will keep my eyes open for interesting things. I will try to have some witty and insightful posts on those quiet days :)
I'm still trying to come up with a "theme" for my blog. Some topic to focus on. But as of yet I haven't been able to think of anything exciting. If you have any ideas for me, feel free to let me know! But, for now, you'll all just have to deal with my ramblings on life.

That's it for my ramblings for now. I will try to post a little more often from this point forward :)
It's a beautiful day outside! I'm off to enjoy my weekend!

No comments: